Kansas City Business License Requirements For A Laundromat

Kansas city, Missouri is a nice place to start any business and a Laundromat is one of the most successful businesses in the city which requires less start up capital than others and the returns on investment is incredible, if managed well.

Required Business Licenses For Operating a Laundromat:

o The first step will be to give your business a legal structure by hiring the services of an experienced attorney who can also help you decide on the type of entity that is best suited.

o Decide on a name and make sure it has been formed in compliance with applicable State laws and that it is not a replica of any registered business or reserved names.

o It is essential to present sole proprietorship hong kong certain documents while applying for the licenses such as the articles of incorporation or partnership documents or other documents relating to the type of entity that you have formed. The names and the addresses of the owners and their phone number, copies of their driver’s license, and the federal employee ID number or social security numbers which ever is applicable.

o You will need zoning clearance certificate prior to applying for the license from the Codes Administration Department. You will need an occupation license issued by the Finance Department, Revenue Division. You will have to pay the appropriate earnings and profit tax usually 1% of gross earnings. More information can be obtained from the Finance Department, Revenue Division, second Floor, City Hall, and Phone: (816) 513-1120.

o There is a 10% gross receipts tax on users of electricity, natural gas, steam, and telephone.

o You have to get permission from authority concerned regarding the use of a premise for your business operations and they will inspect the premise and may approve or not depending on if, the building meets the standards set for your kind of business operations.

For more information, you can contact:

City Planning & Development Department, 15th Floor, City Hall, Phone: (816) 513-2846.

Public Works Department Development Services, 18th Floor, City Hall, Phone: (816) 513-2551.

Codes Administration, 18th Floor, City Hall, Phone: (816) 513-1451.

Tax Withholding Number is required for all businesses having employees. Businesses with employees must withhold income tax and remit it along with a quarterly return by the last day of January, April, July and October.

Worker’s Compensation Is mandatory if you have five or more employees. Forms are available through the insurance company of your choice.

The license fees have to be paid while applying and the licenses have to be renewed each year. The cost depends on the type and the size of the business. It is absolutely essential to obtain all licenses and permits before you begin operations. You must have a concrete business address before applying for any licenses.